Don’t let writer’s block get the better of you. Every writer experiences it, though some won’t acknowledge it. Many writers just believe they just need to keep writing to overcome it. I agree.
If you don’t even know where to start your entry in the Umoja Writing Competition here’s a few ideas to find some inspiration and get writing:
- Doodle until you come up with a drawing that inspires you.
- Write the words ‘writer’s block’ in the middle of a page. Outside this word write all the words that make you feel blocked.
- Read your last story again. Remember how well you write.
- Go outside. What do you see? Sunshine? Butterflies? Wet grass? Write about it.
- What is something funny or sweet a child you know did? (helping with the theme here)
- Go to your inspiration file in your computer (I use OneNote). You do have one don’t you?
- Just start writing. Anything. Rubbish even. Until it becomes inspired writing.
So get writing. You can start sending your entries in only six days. Go to: Rules and Entry Form page to download. Good luck.
PLEASE ADD YOUR COMMENTS ON HOW YOU OVERCOME WRITER’S BLOCK.